adjective. ['ˈlʌvɪŋ'] feeling or showing love and affection.
- in love
- taken with
- soft on
Words that Rhyme with Loving
Example sentences of the word loving
1. Verb, gerund or present participle
Even as an adult, there's no shame in loving everything from the Disney princesses to Pixar movies.
Quotes containing the word loving
1. I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I love you simply, without problems or pride: I love you in this way because I do not know any other way of loving but this, in which there is no I or you, so intimate that your hand upon my chest is my hand, so intimate that when I fall asleep your eyes close.
- Pablo Neruda, 100 Love Sonnets
2. Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.
- Lao Tzu
3. There is nothing I would not do for those who are really my friends. I have no notion of loving people by halves, it is not my nature.
- Jane Austen, Northanger Abbey
adjective. inclined or disposed to peace.
adjective. (of plants) flourishing with lots of water.
adjective. thriving in a relatively acidic environment (especially of plants requiring a pH well below 7).
adjective. devoted to home duties and pleasures.
adjective. of plants that flourish in a rocky environment.
adjective. characteristic of those having an inflated idea of their own importance.
adjective. (of plants) flourishing in strong sunlight.
noun. tender kindness motivated by a feeling of affection.