noun. ['ˈlaɪd'] a German art song of the 19th century for voice and piano.
Rhymes with Lied
Sentences with lied
1. Verb, past tense
It is important to communicate how you feel about the fact that he lied to you.
Quotes about lied
1. I'm not upset that you lied to me, I'm upset that from now on I can't believe you.
- Friedrich Nietzsche
2. I told him I was going to betray you, and betray Lyra, and he believed me because I was corrupt and full of wickedness; he looked so deep I felt sure he'd see the truth. But I lied too well. I was lying with every nerve and fiber and everything I'd ever done...I wanted him to find no good in me, and he didn't. There is none.
- Philip Pullman, The Amber Spyglass
3. She'll be back,"Ranger said. "But not tonight."[Stephanie] "How'd you get her to leave?""Told her I was gonna spend the next twelve hours ruining you for all other men, and so she might as well go home."I could feel the heat rush to my face.Ranger gave me the wolf smile. "I lied about it being tonight,"he said.
- Janet Evanovich, Four to Score