adjective. ['ˈlɛsɝ'] smaller in size or amount or value.
- -er (English)
- -er (Middle English (1100-1500))
- less (English)
- læs (Old English (ca. 450-1100))
Rhymes with Lesser
Sentences with lesser
1. Adjective, comparative
Each time paper is recycled, it becomes a lesser grade but is still a useful product.
Quotes about lesser
1. Great minds are always feared by lesser minds.
- Dan Brown, The Lost Symbol
2. Lesser artists borrow, great artists steal.
- Igor Stravinsky
3. I started my life with a single absolute: that the world was mine to shape in the image of my highest values and never to be given up to a lesser standard, no matter how long or hard the struggle.
- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged