adverb. ['ˈliːgəli'] by law; conforming to the law.
- -ly (English)
- -lice (Old English (ca. 450-1100))
- legal (English)
- legalis (Latin)
Rhymes with Legally
Sentences with legally
While booster clubs work with the school district they support, they are actually legally and financially separate entities.
Quotes about legally
1. I love apricots. They’re so fuzzy they’re furry. They’re like little pets you can eat legally.
- Jarod Kintz, This is the story my great-grandfather told my father, who then told my grandfather, who then told me about how The Mythical Mr. Boo, Charles Manseur Fizzlebush Grissham III, better known as Mr. Fizzlebush, and Orafoura are all in fact me...
2. You can't learn everything you need to know legally.
- John Irving, A Widow for One Year
3. Equality, citizens, is not the whole of society on a level, a society of tall blades of grass and small oaks, or a number of entangled jealousies. It is, legally speaking, every aptitude having the same opportunity for a career; politically all consciences having the same right. Equality has an organ, gratuitous and compulsory education. We must begin with the right to the alphabet.
- Victor Hugo, Les Misérables