adjective. ['ˈliːfi'] having or covered with leaves.
- -y (English)
- -y (Middle English (1100-1500))
- leaf (English)
- leef (Middle English (1100-1500))
Words that Rhyme with Leafy
Example sentences of the word leafy
1. Noun, singular or mass
Non-heme iron is found in plant foods, such as beans, lentils, leafy greens and whole grains.
Other foods that you should consider incorporating into your diet are oatmeal, leafy green vegetables and egg whites.
Quotes containing the word leafy
1. I think that I shall never seeA poem lovely as a tree.A tree whose hungry mouth is pressedAgainst the earth's sweet flowing breast;A tree that looks at God all dayAnd lifts her leafy arms to pray;A tree that may in summer wearA nest of robins in her hair;Upon whose bosom snow has lain;Who intimately lives with rain.Poems are made by fools like me,But only God can make a tree.
- Joyce Kilmer, Trees & Other Poems
2. I shall have peace, as leafy trees are peaceful When rain bends down the bough; And I shall be more silent and cold-hearted Than you are now.
- Sara Teasdale, Rivers to the Sea
adjective. having a leafy stem.