adjective. ['ˈlɑːrdʒɝ'] large or big relative to something else.
Words that Rhyme with Larger
Example sentences of the word larger
1. Adjective, comparative
Subtract the smaller number from the larger one to check for reasonableness.
Quotes containing the word larger
1. Every soldier must know, before he goes into battle, how the little battle he is to fight fits into the larger picture, and how the success of his fighting will influence the battle as a whole.
- Bernard Law Montgomery
2. The Road goes ever on and onDown from the door where it began.Now far ahead the Road has gone,And I must follow, if I can,Pursuing it with eager feet,Until it joins some larger wayWhere many paths and errands meet.And whither then? I cannot say
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring
3. Sorrow is how we learn to love. Your heart isn't breaking. It hurts because it's getting larger. The larger it gets, the more love it holds.
- Rita Mae Brown, Riding Shotgun
adjective. very imposing or impressive; surpassing the ordinary (especially in size or scale).