adverb. ['ˈlɑːrdʒli'] in large part; mainly or chiefly.
- for the most part
- -ly (English)
- -lice (Old English (ca. 450-1100))
- large (English)
- large (Middle English (1100-1500))
Rhymes with Largely
Sentences with largely
The materials you choose for your fence depend largely on your reason for installing it.
Quotes about largely
1. Success seems to be largely a matter of hanging on after others have let go.
- William Feather
2. Our safety at home and the cause of freedom abroad is largely contingent upon our success in Iraq.
- Ron Lewis
3. Your outlook upon life, your estimate of yourself, your estimate of your value are largely colored by your environment. Your whole career will be modified, shaped, molded by your surroundings, by the character of the people with whom you come in contact every day.
- Orison Swett Marden