noun. ['ˈlæpˌtɑːp'] a portable computer small enough to use in your lap.
- laptop computer
- lap (English)
- lappen (Middle English (1100-1500))
- top (English)
- top (Old English (ca. 450-1100))
Words that Rhyme with Laptop
Example sentences of the word laptop
1. Noun, singular or mass
You can usually stop your laptop from buffering in less than an hour.
This can often be done by entering the laptop serial number or service tag into an online form.
Quotes containing the word laptop
1. Sure,” she said, and hugged the laptop bag closer. “What could go wrong?”Michael’s eyes flashed to meet hers in the rearview mirror.Besides everything, I mean,” she said.
- Rachel Caine, Fade Out
2. By the way, if you get mad at your Mac laptop and wonder who designed this demonic device, notice the manufacturer's icon on top: an apple with a bite out of it.
- Peter Kreeft, Jesus-Shock