Table of Contents
noun. ['ˈlæpˌtɑːp'] a portable computer small enough to use in your lap.
- lap (English)
- lappen (Middle English (1100-1500))
- top (English)
- top (Old English (ca. 450-1100))
Rhymes with Laptop
How do you pronounce laptop?
Pronounce laptop as ˈlæpˌtɑp.
US - How to pronounce laptop in American English
UK - How to pronounce laptop in British English
Sentences with laptop
1. Noun, singular or mass
You can usually stop your laptop from buffering in less than an hour.
This can often be done by entering the laptop serial number or service tag into an online form.
Quotes about laptop
1. Sure,” she said, and hugged the laptop bag closer. “What could go wrong?”Michael’s eyes flashed to meet hers in the rearview mirror.Besides everything, I mean,” she said.
- Rachel Caine, Fade Out
2. By the way, if you get mad at your Mac laptop and wonder who designed this demonic device, notice the manufacturer's icon on top: an apple with a bite out of it.
- Peter Kreeft, Jesus-Shock