noun. ['ˈlɛr'] the habitation of wild animals.
- leġer (Old English (ca. 450-1100))
Words that Rhyme with Lair
Example sentences of the word lair
Spiderman’s lair wouldn’t be complete without a touch of black needed for his web.
2. Noun, singular or mass
Swim under the gate at the beginning of the Arsenale di Venezia to move farther into the lair.
Quotes containing the word lair
1. I just rely on natural talent,"said Adrian, strolling up to the start of the Dragon's Lair. "When you have such a wealth of it to draw from, the danger comes from having too much.
- Richelle Mead, Bloodlines
2. You're kidding,"Shane said. "Do you think I want to visit Crazy McTeeth in his lair of insanity?""No,"Claire said, "but I'm pretty sure you won't like it if I go alone when I just kind of promised to be with you. So...?""Right. I've been missing Nutty McFang anyway.""Stop making up names for him.""What about Count Crackula?""Just stop.
- Rachel Caine, Last Breath