Table of Contents
adjective. ['ˈlækɪŋ'] inadequate in amount or degree.
Rhymes with Lacking
Sentences with lacking
1. Verb, gerund or present participle
The best way to know if your soil is lacking minerals is to have its pH tested.
2. Noun, singular or mass
If you’re lacking in magnesium, your metabolism may suffer.
Quotes about lacking
1. To be stupid, and selfish, and to have good health are the three requirements for happiness - though if stupidity is lacking, the others are useless.
- Julian Barnes, Flaubert's Parrot
2. I swear, my dear. Sometimes our conversations remind me of a broken sword."She raised an eyebrow."Sharp as hell,"Lightsong said, "but lacking a point.
- Brandon Sanderson, Warbreaker
3. It is clear that the books owned the shop rather than the other way about. Everywhere they had run wild and taken possession of their habitat, breeding and multiplying, and clearly lacking any strong hand to keep them down.
- Agatha Christie, The Clocks
adjective. ['ˈlækɪŋ'] nonexistent.