Table of Contents
noun. ['ˈkɪtʃən'] a room equipped for preparing meals.
- ship's galley
- dwelling house
- kitchen (Middle English (1100-1500))
Rhymes with Kitchen
How do you pronounce kitchen?
Pronounce kitchen as ˈkɪʧən.
US - How to pronounce kitchen in American English
UK - How to pronounce kitchen in British English
Sentences with kitchen
1. Noun, singular or mass
However, I do want my kitchen to look like someone lives there.
2. Proper noun, singular
Wrap the brisket tightly in kitchen plastic wrap so it's airtight.
3. Verb, base form
There's a common room and kitchen where home-cooked meals are served ranch style.
Scroll on for seven kitchen floor paint ideas worth your consideration.
5. Verb, 3rd person singular present
We can’t get enough of this clever kitchen floor paint idea spotted on Annie Sloan.
Quotes about kitchen
1. Your mail could've waited."Daemon followed me into the kitchen. "What is it? Just books?"Grabbing the OJ from the fridge, I sighed. People who didn't heart books didn't understand.
- Jennifer L. Armentrout, Onyx
2. Sam laughed, a funny, self-deprecating laugh. "You did read a lot. And spent too much time just inside the kitchen window, where I couldn't see you very well.""And not enough time mostly naked in front of my bedroom window?"I teased. Sam turned bright red. "That,"he said, "is so not the point of this conversation.
- Maggie Stiefvater, Shiver
3. I see a light in the kitchen. Let us not deprive Molly any longer of the chance to deplore how thin you are.
- J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince