Table of Contents
adjective. ['ˈkaɪndli'] showing or motivated by sympathy and understanding and generosity.
Rhymes with Kindly
How do you pronounce kindly?
Pronounce kindly as ˈkaɪndli.
US - How to pronounce kindly in American English
UK - How to pronounce kindly in British English
Sentences with kindly
Sit comfortably on a step or kneel beside your puppy and hold him securely but kindly.
Quotes about kindly
1. The glory of friendship is not the outstretched hand, not the kindly smile, nor the joy of companionship; it is the spiritual inspiration that comes to one when you discover that someone else believes in you and is willing to trust you with a friendship.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
2. There is more in you of good than you know, child of the kindly West. Some courage and some wisdom, blended in measure. If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit
3. Pooh,"said Rabbit kindly, "you haven't any brain.""I know,"said Pooh humbly.
- A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
adjective. ['ˈkaɪndli'] pleasant and agreeable.