Table of Contents
adjective. ['ˈdʒʌstəˌfaɪd'] having words so spaced that lines have straight even margins.
Rhymes with Justified
How do you pronounce justified?
Pronounce justified as ˈʤəstəˌfaɪd.
US - How to pronounce justified in American English
UK - How to pronounce justified in British English
Sentences with justified
The body of the letter is kept justified and a blank line is left between each paragraph.
2. Verb, past participle
Adjust your margins so the entire letter is justified to the left, and use single spacing.
3. Verb, past tense
Many felt American involvement in the war wasn’t justified.
Quotes about justified
1. In a strange way, I had fallen in love with my depression. Dr. Sterling was right about that. I loved it because I thought it was all I had. I thought depression was the part of my character that made me worthwhile. I thought so little of myself, felt that I had such scant offerings to give to the world, that the one thing that justified my existence at all was my agony.
- Elizabeth Wurtzel, Prozac Nation
2. I constantly think I'm a fraud - that this success is not warranted or justified.
- David Chang
3. If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.
- John Stuart Mill, On Liberty