adjective. ['ˈdʒoʊkɪŋ'] characterized by jokes and good humor.
Rhymes with Joking
Sentences with joking
1. Verb, gerund or present participle
Just because you aren't able to buy the gift doesn't keep you from joking about it.
2. Noun, singular or mass
Casually mention, even in a joking way, that you might like to buy their piece of property.
Quotes about joking
1. It's okay,"I said soothingly. "You're just getting your stride back. Once you're up to full power, I'll go crack a rib or something so we can test it."She groaned. "The horrible part is that I don't think you're joking.
- Richelle Mead, Shadow Kiss
2. My way of joking is to tell the truth. It's the funniest joke in the world.
- George Bernard Shaw, John Bull's Other Island
3. Fred, you next,"the plump woman said. "I'm not Fred, I'm George,"said the boy. "Honestly, woman, you call yourself our mother? Can't you tell I'm George?""Sorry, George, dear.""Only joking, I am Fred,"said the boy and off he went.
- J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone