noun. ['ˈdʒɛstɝ'] a professional clown employed to entertain a king or nobleman in the Middle Ages.
- merry andrew
- motley fool
- -er (English)
- -er (Middle English (1100-1500))
- jest (English)
- geste (Middle English (1100-1500))
Rhymes with Jester
Sentences with jester
1. Noun, singular or mass
Make a jester hat by cutting a strip of felt paper that is long enough to fit your head.
Quotes about jester
1. Bravo,"said Grimalkin, peering down from Cold Tom's chest. "The Winter prince and Oberon's jester agreeing on something. The world must be ending.
- Julie Kagawa, The Iron King
2. You have made the moon,"The Jester said. "That is the moon.
- James Thurber, Many Moons