Table of Contents
noun. ['ˈdʒæzmən, ˈdʒæzmɪn'] any of several shrubs and vines of the genus Jasminum chiefly native to Asia.
- primrose jasmine
- Jasminum officinale
- Jasminum sambac
- common jasmine
- Arabian jasmine
- genus Jasminum
- Jasminum mesnyi
- winter jasmine
- Jasminum nudiflorum
- true jasmine
- jasmin (French)
- يسمين (Arabic)
Rhymes with Jasmine
How do you pronounce jasmine?
Pronounce jasmine as ˈʤæzmɪn.
US - How to pronounce jasmine in American English
UK - How to pronounce jasmine in British English
Sentences with jasmine
1. Noun, singular or mass
This may be the best starting point to trace the history of jasmine flowers.
Floral: 2 parts jasmine essential oil 1 part each neroli essential oil 1 part germanium essential oil
Quotes about jasmine
1. It’s not that we have to quit this life one day, it’s how many things we have to quit all at once: holding hands, hotel rooms, music, the physics of falling leaves, vanilla and jasmine, poppies, smiling, anthills, the color of the sky, coffee and cashmere, literature, sparks and subway trains... If only one could leave this life slowly!
- Roman Payne, Hope and Despair
2. I pictured Cupid sitting in a crappy little bar, drunk and depressed, while he moaned to the bartender, "That Jasmine Parks, gods, she pisses me off! Did you see what she just did? Totally blew off this immortal stud to play kiss-the-boo-boo with a fickle little rent-a-cop. Why? 'Cause she's the biggest chickenshit on the planet! I'm ready to toss my bow and pick up a bazooka!
- Jennifer Rardin, Once Bitten, Twice Shy
3. Her beauty took my breath away, and allowed the spring breeze to fill my lungs with honeysuckle, jasmine, and desire.
- Jarod Kintz, This Book is Not FOR SALE