adjective. ['ˌɪˈrɛvəkəbəl'] incapable of being retracted or revoked.
Words that Rhyme with Irrevocable
Example sentences of the word irrevocable
In nearly all circumstances, money cannot be borrowed from in irrevocable trust.
Quotes containing the word irrevocable
1. Perhaps home is not a place but simply an irrevocable condition.
- James Baldwin, Giovanni's Room
2. I know that it's easier to look at death than it is to look at pain, because while death is irrevocable, and the grief will lessen in time, pain is too often merely relentless and irreversible.
- Robert Goolrick, The End of the World as We Know It: Scenes from a Life
3. First a warning, musical; then the hour, irrevocable. The leaden circles dissolved in the air.
- Virginia Woolf, Mrs. Dalloway