adjective. ['ˌɪnˈsʌltɪŋ'] expressing extreme contempt.
Rhymes with Insulting
Sentences with insulting
Do not continue to contact her, and definitely do not send any threatening or insulting messages.
2. Noun, singular or mass
Another method is to try and make you believe that his hurting or insulting you is your fault.
3. Verb, gerund or present participle
Don't take it too far, though; teasing is one thing, insulting another.
Quotes about insulting
1. Somebody says, 'Do a Tom Bodett, a folksy kind of thing,' and it sounds like something out of 'Hee Haw,' very insulting. They turn wry humor into disparaging sarcasm, and you get what amounts to insulting advertising.
- Tom Bodett
2. Is that a bulletproof vest? See, now that's so insulting. That's like saying I'm not smart enough to shoot you in the head."Eddie DeChooch
- Janet Evanovich, Seven Up
3. I want to love you without clutching, appreciate you without judging, join you without invading, invite you without demanding, leave you without guilt, criticize you without blaming, and help you without insulting. If I can have the same from you, then we can truly meet and enrich each other.
- Virginia Satir