adjective. ['ˌɪnˈfɛktɪd'] containing or resulting from disease-causing organisms.
Rhymes with Infected
Sentences with infected
1. Verb, past participle
Humans can be infected in a similar way with the eggs of the raccoon-infecting roundworm Baylisascaris.
Click on the button labeled “Next.” Wait for the tool to finish scanning the infected hard drive.
Quotes about infected
1. Now I'd rather be infected with love for the tiniest sliver of a second than live a hundred years smothered by a lie.
- Lauren Oliver, Delirium
2. We are all connected. When one arm or foot is poisoned, the whole body becomes infected.
- Suzy Kassem, Rise Up and Salute the Sun: The Writings of Suzy Kassem
3. We acquire both the language and religious concepts from our immediate culture – at the same time. A child cannot discriminate between useful survival information and the emotional and psychological manipulations of religion. Once infected, these ideas are deeply embedded and almost impossible to change.
- Darrel Ray, Sex & God: How Religion Distorts Sexuality