noun. ['ˈɪnfənt'] a very young child (birth to 1 year) who has not yet begun to walk or talk.
- abandoned infant
- test-tube baby
- blue baby
- war baby
- newborn baby
- newborn infant
- liveborn infant
- stillborn infant
- infantem (Latin)
Rhymes with Infant
Sentences with infant
It comes in sizes from infant 6 months to toddler 4.
2. Noun, singular or mass
Several signs may alert you to problems in your infant's eyes.
Quotes about infant
1. Once you educate the boys, they tend to leave the villages and go search for work in the cities, but the girls stay home, become leaders in the community, and pass on what they’ve learned. If you really want to change a culture, to empower women, improve basic hygiene and health care, and fight high rates of infant mortality, the answer is to educate girls.
- Greg Mortenson, Three Cups of Tea: One Man's Mission to Promote Peace ... One School at a Time
2. We grown-up people think that we appreciate music, but if we realized the sense that an infant has brought with it of appreciating sound and rhythm, we would never boast of knowing music. The infant is music itself.
- Hazrat Inayat Khan
3. So runs my dream, but what am I?An infant crying in the nightAn infant crying for the lightAnd with no language but a cry.
- Alfred Lord Tennyson, In Memoriam