Table of Contents
adjective. ['ˌɪˈnɛfəbəl'] defying expression or description.
Rhymes with Ineffable
How do you pronounce ineffable?
Pronounce ineffable as ˌɪˈnɛfəbəl.
US - How to pronounce ineffable in American English
UK - How to pronounce ineffable in British English
Sentences with ineffable
LA-based Editorial Director Sacha Strebe has that ineffable cool girl aesthetic that is not easily replicated.
Quotes about ineffable
1. Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.
- Douglas Adams, Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency
2. God does not play dice with the universe; He plays an ineffable game of His own devising, which might be compared, from the perspective of any of the other players [i.e. everybody], to being involved in an obscure and complex variant of poker in a pitch-dark room, with blank cards, for infinite stakes, with a Dealer who won't tell you the rules, and who smiles all the time.
- Terry Pratchett, Good Omens: The Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter, Witch
3. Ineffable Poetry A good poem goes beyond the physics of our world;it can't be quantified; it's an ineffable voice that speak directly to our soul,bypassing the laws of this world.
- Beryl Dov
adjective. ['ˌɪˈnɛfəbəl'] too sacred to be uttered.