Table of Contents
adjective. ['ˌɪmˈprɪzənd'] being in captivity.
Rhymes with Imprisoned
How do you pronounce imprisoned?
Pronounce imprisoned as ˌɪmˈprɪzənd.
US - How to pronounce imprisoned in American English
UK - How to pronounce imprisoned in British English
Sentences with imprisoned
1. Verb, past participle
If the dog owner does either of these things, he may be fined and could be imprisoned.
Quotes about imprisoned
1. But it is impossible to go through life without trust; that is to be imprisoned in the worst cell of all, oneself.
- Graham Greene, The Ministry of Fear
2. A man will be imprisoned in a room with a door that's unlocked and opens inwards; as long as it does not occur to him to pull rather than push.
- Ludwig Wittgenstein, Culture and Value
3. Books are like imprisoned souls till someone takes them down from a shelf and frees them.
- Samuel Butler