adjective. ['ˌɪmˈprɛst'] deeply or markedly affected or influenced.
Words that Rhyme with Impressed
Example sentences of the word impressed
1. Verb, past participle
Once a female is suitably impressed, they form a monogamous pair and start nest building.
Davy was sufficiently impressed, so much that he eventually allowed Faraday to study with him.
Quotes containing the word impressed
1. Whether it's viewers of the show or readers of my columns and books, I'm consistently impressed with their wit, humor and insight. That goes for about 95 percent of the audience. The other five percent are why the 'Delete' option and restraining orders were invented.
- Richard Roeper
2. Well, don't expect us to be too impressed. We just saw Finnick Odair in his underwear.
- Suzanne Collins, Mockingjay
3. Clary felt suddenly annoyed. "When the self-congratulatory part of the evening is over, maybe we could get back to saving my best friend from being exsanguinated to death?""Exsanguinated,"said Jace, impressed. "That's a big word.""And you're a big-""Tsk tsk,"he interupted. "No swearing in church.
- Cassandra Clare, City of Bones