Table of Contents
adverb. ['ˌɪˈmɛnsli'] to an exceedingly great extent or degree.
- -ly (English)
- -lice (Old English (ca. 450-1100))
- immense (English)
- immensus (Latin)
Rhymes with Immensely
How do you spell immensely? Is it immensly ?
A common misspelling of immensely is immensly
Sentences with immensely
Dealing with people you know helps immensely because they will be less likely to give you a hard time.
Quotes about immensely
1. Eating is not merely a material pleasure. Eating well gives a spectacular joy to life and contributes immensely to goodwill and happy companionship. It is of great importance to the morale.
- Elsa Schiaparelli
2. Perfect love casts out fear. Where there is love there are no demands, no expectations, no dependency. I do not demand that you make me happy; my happiness does not lie in you. If you were to leave me, I will not feel sorry for myself; I enjoy your company immensely, but I do not cling.
- Anthony de Mello, Awareness
3. Katsa and Po were trying to drown each other and, judging from their hoots of laughter, enjoying it immensely.
- Kristin Cashore, Bitterblue