adverb. ['ˈhʌŋgrəli'] in the manner of someone who is very hungry.
Rhymes with Hungrily
Sentences with hungrily
He will always respond hungrily to the sight of food.
2. Verb, base form
Goldfish should be able to hungrily eat all the food they need in two minutes.
Quotes about hungrily
1. His breath hitched, and he regarded me hungrily. “You’re playing with fire, you know that?” “That’s weird, considering you’re an ice prin—” I didn’t get any further, as Ash leaned in and kissed me.
- Julie Kagawa, Winter's Passage
2. I just recently figured out how mirrors work. Pretty cool. That guy always hungrily staring at my naked body was me!
- Jarod Kintz, $3.33
3. This must be what an addict feels like, I think, trying to fight the pull of one last, quick read. My fingers itch toward the binding, and finally, with a sigh of regret, I just grab the book and open it, hungrily reading the story.
- Jodi Picoult, Between the Lines