noun. ['ˈhaʊsˌhoʊld'] a social unit living together.
- foster family
- menage a trois
- foster home
- conjugal family
- broken home
- extended family
- nuclear family
- natural object
- houshold (Middle English (1100-1500))
Words that Rhyme with Household
Example sentences of the word household
1. Noun, singular or mass
Proof that you did not give permission to drive the car for someone living in your household is difficult.
Babysitters are independent contractors, not household employees, because they choose how to perform their duties.
Quotes containing the word household
1. My father left Nazi Germany a year after Dr. Kissinger, and so in my household he was very much an icon. He was a kind of immigrant success story, a refugee success story.
- Eugene Jarecki
2. In the household in which I was raised, the themes were pretty simple. 'Work hard. Don't quit. Be appreciative, be thankful, be grateful, be respectful. Also, never whine, never complain. And always, for crying out loud, keep a sense of humor.'
- Michael Keaton
3. God is even in a single parent household.
- Karen Salmansohn, Even God is Single: