adjective. ['ˈhɔrəˌfaɪd'] stricken with horror.
Words that Rhyme with Horrified
Example sentences of the word horrified
1. Verb, past participle
I was horrified and knew I needed to make a change.
Quotes containing the word horrified
1. Will looked horrified. "What kind of monster could possibly hate chocolate?
- Cassandra Clare, Clockwork Angel
2. I can't believe I said it out loud. The truth doesn't set you free, you know. It makes you feel awkward and embarrassed and defenseless and red in the face and horrified and petrified and vulnerable. But free? I don't feel free. I feel like shit.
- Melina Marchetta, Saving Francesca
3. I may not have been completely honest about that.""You? Less than truthful? I'm shocked, Nikolai. Shocked and horrified.
- Leigh Bardugo, Siege and Storm