noun. ['ˈhɛlmət'] a protective headgear made of hard material to resist blows.
- tin hat
- hard hat
- crash helmet
- batting helmet
- space helmet
- football helmet
- safety hat
Words that Rhyme with Helmet
Example sentences of the word helmet
1. Noun, singular or mass
Glue the hollow bottom of the head to the top of a bicycle helmet.
2. Verb, past tense
Paint the Norman helmet using metallic silver acrylic paint.
Quotes containing the word helmet
1. I had fun last night,"I told Patch, flicking off my chin strap and handing over my helmet. "I'm officially on love with your sheets.""That the only thing you're in love with?""Nope. Your mattress, too."Some smile crept into Patch's eyes. "My bed's an open invitation.
- Becca Fitzpatrick, Silence
2. Brianna dropped the skateboard in front of Sam. "Don't worry: I won't let you fall off.""Yeah? Then why did you bring the helmet?"Brianna tossed it to him. "In case you fall off.
- Michael Grant, Hunger
3. A turtle is like a lizard in a bicycle helmet, and I think that’s romantic. That reminds me, I should write a love song called, “Dinner for two—plus one.
- Jarod Kintz, This Book is Not FOR SALE
adjective. having the convex shape of a helmet.
noun. ['ˈhɛlmət'] armor plate that protects the head.
- plate armor
- suit of armor
- coat of mail
- armour plate
- body armor
- body armour
- armor plate
- plate armour
- armor plating
- suit of armour