adjective. ['ˈhiːtəd, ˈhiːtɪd'] made warm or hot (
het' is a dialectal variant ofheated').
- het up
- heated up
Rhymes with Heated
Sentences with heated
1. Verb, past participle
This air is then heated and sent through a tube into the bath water.
The spa has a fitness center with heated indoor pool, sauna, whirlpool and steam room.
Quotes about heated
1. I've learned in most areas of my life, to bounce heated choices off other people. Co-workers, my agent, my wife, a sponsor, etc. A majority of the time, that keeps me on the right side of things.
- Kurt Sutter
2. Man...heats up like a lightbulb: red hot in the twinkling of an eye and cold again in a flash. The female, on the other hand...heats up like an iron. Slowly, over a low heat, like tasty stew. But then, once she has heated up, there's no stopping her.
- Carlos Ruiz Zafón, The Shadow of the Wind
3. I want to find a way of speaking to fellow human beings that will be cool rather than heated, philosophical rather than polemical, that will bring enlightenment rather than seeking to divide us into the righteous and the sinners, the saved and the damned, the sheep and the goats.
- J.M. Coetzee, The Lives of Animals
adjective. ['ˈhiːtəd, ˈhiːtɪd'] marked by emotional heat; vehement.