No search results found for
adverb. ['ˈhɑːrʃli'] in a harsh and grating manner.
- -ly (English)
- -lice (Old English (ca. 450-1100))
- harsh (English)
Words that Rhyme with Harshly
Example sentences of the word harshly
Do not rub it too harshly, as this will wipe away the powder.
Quotes containing the word harshly
1. Its been six weeks,"he murmured. "Six weeks I've wanted you. I know how you move, and how the sunlight makes a shadow on the curve of your cheek, and the shape of your ear."He chucked harshly then turned his head on the pillow to look at her. "I'm dying,"he said. He dropped his fist against his chest. "Right here, you're killing me.
- Laura Kinsale, The Prince of Midnight
2. I'll follow you to the next life if I have to,"he whispered harshly in her ear. "You'll never be free of me. I'll chase you through heaven and hell and beyond."He continued to whisper without stopping while his hands gripped her body close to his. "You stay with me, Holly,"he muttered savagely. "Don't do this to me. You stay, damn you.
- Lisa Kleypas, Where Dreams Begin
3. It has been said that life has treated me harshly; and sometimes I have complained in my heart because many pleasures of human experience have been withheld from me…if much has been denied me, much, very much, has been given me…
- Helen Keller, The Open Door