noun. ['ˈgɛsɪŋ'] an estimate based on little or no information.
- dead reckoning
Words that Rhyme with Guessing
Example sentences of the word guessing
1. Verb, gerund or present participle
Do not leave them guessing what will be coming around the next corner.
2. Noun, singular or mass
The best way to lose weight is to keep your body guessing.
Play a guessing game of what photo goes with which parent.
Quotes containing the word guessing
1. The whole art of war consists of guessing at what is on the other side of the hill.
- Arthur Wellesley
2. We were given the Scriptures to humble us into realizing that God is right, and the rest of us are just guessing.
- Rich Mullins
3. Jase props himself up on an elbow, looking at me for a minute without saying anything. His face gets an unreadable expression, and I wish I could take back walking over.Then he observes, “I’m guessing that’s a uniform.”Crap. I’d forgotten I was still wearing it.
- Huntley Fitzpatrick, My Life Next Door