adjective. ['ˈgriːvɪŋ'] sorrowful through loss or deprivation.
Rhymes with Grieving
Sentences with grieving
1. Noun, singular or mass
Sometimes the best gift for someone grieving is not a physical one.
2. Verb, gerund or present participle
Counseling other grieving widows and widowers can also help you cope with your own loneliness.
Quotes about grieving
1. No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing, the dreams that you wish will come true.
- Walt Disney Company
2. Someday you're gonna look back on this moment of your life as such a sweet time of grieving. You'll see that you were in mourning and your heart was broken, but your life was changing...
- Elizabeth Gilbert
3. At the end of a miserable day, instead of grieving my virtual nothing, I can always look at my loaded wastepaper basket and tell myself that if I failed, at least I took a few trees down with me.
- David Sedaris, Me Talk Pretty One Day