noun. ['grəˈneɪd'] a small explosive bomb thrown by hand or fired from a missile.
- rifle grenade
- smart bomb
- grenade (French)
Rhymes with Grenade
Sentences with grenade
1. Noun, singular or mass
The stick figures will throw a grenade at the watchtower, destroying it.
Quotes about grenade
1. I'm a grenade and at some point I'm going to blow up and I would like to minimize the casualties, okay?
- John Green, The Fault in Our Stars
2. Two hundred Romans, and no one’s got a pen? Never mind!"He slung his M16 onto his back and pulled out a hand grenade. There were many screaming Romans. Then the hand grenade morphed into a ballpoint pen, and Mars began to write. Frank looked at Percy with wide eyes. He mouthed: Can your sword do grenade form?Percy mouthed back, No. Shut up.
- Rick Riordan, The Son of Neptune
3. You know how spooky Ashwini is. She called an hour ago to tell me she has a secret stash of handheld grenade launchers she thought I might want to know about. My response was, 'What the fuck?
- Nalini Singh, Angels' Blood