Table of Contents
noun. ['ˈgræmɝ'] the branch of linguistics that deals with syntax and morphology (and sometimes also deals with semantics).
- descriptive grammar
- descriptive linguistics
- gramarye (Middle English (1100-1500))
Rhymes with Grammar
How do you pronounce grammar?
Pronounce grammar as ˈgræmər.
US - How to pronounce grammar in American English
UK - How to pronounce grammar in British English
How do you spell grammar? Is it grammer ?
A common misspelling of grammar is grammer
Sentences with grammar
1. Noun, singular or mass
Students can learn grammar in more than one way.
Quotes about grammar
1. Personally I think that grammar is a way to attain beauty.
- Muriel Barbery, The Elegance of the Hedgehog
2. Writing is an act of faith, not a trick of grammar.
- E.B. White
3. Exercises are like prose, whereas yoga is the poetry of movements. Once you understand the grammar of yoga; you can write your poetry of movements.
- Amit Ray, Yoga and Vipassana: An Integrated Life Style