verb. ['ˈgɑːbəl'] eat hastily without proper chewing.
- take in
Words that Rhyme with Gobble
How do you pronounce gobble?
Pronounce gobble as ˈgɑbəl.
US - How to pronounce gobble in American English
UK - How to pronounce gobble in British English
Example sentences of the word gobble
However, males do not only gobble during mating season.
2. Verb, non-3rd person singular present
But none of that matters if you gobble it down like you're in a competitive eating contest.
3. Verb, base form
Having a tough time convincing the kids to gobble down their most important meal of the day?
Quotes containing the word gobble
1. I wanted to pull down a book, open it proper, and gobble up page after page
- Laurie Halse Anderson, Chains
2. You will never get to the irreducible definition of anything because you will never be able to explain why you want to explain, and so on. The system will gobble itself up.
- Alan W. Watts, The Essential Alan Watts
verb. ['ˈgɑːbəl'] make a gurgling sound, characteristic of turkeys.
- let loose
- let out
noun. ['ˈgɑːbəl'] the characteristic sound made by a turkey cock.