noun. ['ˈgloʊb'] the 3rd planet from the sun; the planet we live on.
- terra firma
- solar system
- solid ground
- dry land
- Van Allen belt
Words that Rhyme with Globe
Example sentences of the word globe
1. Noun, singular or mass
Roll each ball of cake between your hands to get an even globe shape.
Quotes containing the word globe
1. When my dad founded our church, he used either a globe or a map of the world behind him. It was symbolic of what Christ said: to go forth and preach hope to the world. We believe in the cross, but we just continued with the globe.
- Joel Osteen
2. Love means the world to me. But so does a globe.
- Jarod Kintz, Who Moved My Choose?: An Amazing Way to Deal With Change by Deciding to Let Indecision Into Your Life
3. It felt as though the whole globe was dressed in snow. Like it has pulled it on, the way you pull on a sweater. Next to the train line, footprints were sunken to their shins. Trees wore blankets of ice. As you may expect, someone has died.
- Markus Zusak, The Book Thief
verb. travel all over the world for pleasure and sightseeing.
noun. ['ˈgloʊb'] a sphere on which a map (especially of the earth) is represented.
- celestial globe
noun. ['ˈgloʊb'] an object with a spherical shape.
- crystal ball
- camphor ball
- natural object