adjective. ['ˈgoʊstli'] resembling or characteristic of a phantom.
- gostly (Middle English (1100-1500))
Rhymes with Ghostly
Sentences with ghostly
With such a long history, many rumors circulate about ghostly inhabitants and happenings at the inn.
The ghostly tours run Friday and Saturday nights, at 7:30 p.m., and require advanced reservations.
Quotes about ghostly
1. A ghostly smile flickered across his face. "If you weren't so psychotic, you'd be fun to hang around.""Funny, I feel that way about you too."He didn't say anything else, but the smile grew, and he walked away.
- Richelle Mead, Vampire Academy
2. It hardly matters why a library is destroyed: every banning, curtailment, shredding, plunder or loot gives rise (at least as a ghostly presence) to a louder, clearer, more durable library of the banned, looted, plundered, shredded or curtailed.
- Alberto Manguel, The Library at Night