Table of Contents
noun. ['dʒiːˈɑːmətri'] the pure mathematics of points and lines and curves and surfaces.
- γεωμετρία (Ancient Greek (to 1453))
- γεωμετρέω (Ancient Greek (to 1453))
Rhymes with Geometry
How do you pronounce geometry?
Pronounce geometry as ʤiˈɑmətri.
US - How to pronounce geometry in American English
UK - How to pronounce geometry in British English
Sentences with geometry
1. Noun, singular or mass
Although architects need to understand geometry, they don't manipulate formulas that computers can calculate more rapidly.
Quotes about geometry
1. Geometry is moribund. I want a lilt and joy to art.
- Ellsworth Kelly
2. If the chemistry is right between star and photographer and the geometry of the pictures pleases the star, often the two people end up with a long-term professional friendship during which they continue to work together and to produce highly personal images.
- Eve Arnold
3. Our civil rights have no dependence on our religious opinions any more than our opinions in physics or geometry...
- Thomas Jefferson, The Statute Of Virginia For Religious Freedom