noun. ['dʒəˈnɛtɪks'] the branch of biology that studies heredity and variation in organisms.
- biological science
- genetic science
- γένεσις (Ancient Greek (to 1453))
Rhymes with Genetics
Sentences with genetics
1. Noun, plural
Age, sex, genetics and how you exercise all determine how you will lose fat and where.
Quotes about genetics
1. Mild autism can give you a genius like Einstein. If you have severe autism, you could remain nonverbal. You don't want people to be on the severe end of the spectrum. But if you got rid of all the autism genetics, you wouldn't have science or art. All you would have is a bunch of social 'yak yaks.'
- Temple Grandin
2. I’ve been doing this a long time, and I’ve come to learn that predictions don’t mean much. Too much lies outside the realm of medical knowledge. A lot of what happens next comes down to you and your specific genetics, your attitude. No, there’s nothing we can do to stop the inevitable, but that’s not the point. The point is that you should try to make the most of the time you have left.
- Nicholas Sparks, The Last Song
3. The four stages of acceptance:1. This is worthless nonsense.2. This is an interesting, but perverse, point of view.3. This is true, but quite unimportant.4. I always said so."(Review of The Truth About Death, in: Journal of Genetics 1963, Vol. 58, p.464)
- J.B.S. Haldane