noun. ['ˈgɑːrlɪk'] aromatic bulb used as seasoning.
- Allium sativum
- garlic clove
Words that Rhyme with Garlic
Example sentences of the word garlic
A steam bath of the leaves of the garlic liana also helps with arthritis pain and fever.
2. Noun, singular or mass
Season with salt, pepper and garlic.
Quotes containing the word garlic
1. I'm gonna kill him,"Eve said, or at least that was what it sounded like filtered through the pillow.Stake him right in the heart, shove garlic up his ass, and-and-"And what?"(Michael)When did you get home?"Claire demanded.Apparently just in time to hear my funeral plans. I especially like the garlic up the ass. It's...different.
- Rachel Caine, Feast of Fools
2. There is a crucifix, a few cloves of garlic, a wooden stake, a hammer, a blob of Silly Putty, and a pocketknife. “You do realize these people aren’t vampires, right?” I say when Sam walks back in. “Yeah, but you never know. They’re probably crazy, like you said.” “And even if we were hunting vampires, what the hell is the Silly Putty for?” He shrugs. “Just want to be prepared.
- Pittacus Lore, I Am Number Four
3. I left my phone number on a napkin, along with trace amounts of spaghetti sauce and garlic bread grease, hoping she’d call me. And when she didn’t, I panicked and filed a missing person’s report with the police.
- Jarod Kintz, A Story That Talks about Talking Is Like Chatter to Chattering Teeth, and Every Set of Dentures Can Attest to the Fact That No..
noun. ['ˈgɑːrlɪk'] bulbous herb of southern Europe widely naturalized; bulb breaks up into separate strong-flavored cloves.
- alliaceous plant