noun. ['ˈfrɛndʃɪp'] the state of being friends (or friendly).
- friendly relationship
- blood brotherhood
- active trust
- passive trust
- -ship (English)
- -sciepe (Old English (ca. 450-1100))
- friend (English)
- frende (Middle English (1100-1500))
Words that Rhyme with Friendship
Example sentences of the word friendship
This game promotes friendship, sharing and a positive learning environment within middle-school classrooms.
2. Noun, singular or mass
You need to decide if your friendship is healthy and then do what is best for you.
Quotes containing the word friendship
1. Friendship ... is born at the moment when one man says to another "What! You too? I thought that no one but myself . . .
- C.S. Lewis, The Four Loves
2. It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages.
- Friedrich Nietzsche
3. We're born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Only through our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that we're not alone.
- Orson Welles