adjective. ['ˈfreɪgrənt'] pleasant-smelling.
- fragrans (Latin)
Words that Rhyme with Fragrant
Example sentences of the word fragrant
1. Noun, singular or mass
Make the baking soda and sea salt scrub fragrant by adding fragrance oil.
Lilac shrubs are a favorite old-fashioned flower, popular for its clusters of very fragrant flowers.
Quotes containing the word fragrant
1. I believe in the compelling power of love. I do not understand it. I believe it to be the most fragrant blossom of all this thorny existence.
- Theodore Dreiser
2. If I were to wish for anything, I should not wish for wealth and power, but for the passionate sense of the potential, for the eye which, ever young and ardent, sees the possible. Pleasure disappoints, possibility never. And what wine is so sparkling, what so fragrant, what so intoxicating, as possibility!
- Søren Kierkegaard, Either/Or: A Fragment of Life
3. The words I love you form an oral floral phrase that's so fragrant it can overpower even the most flagrantly foul-mouthed utterance.
- Jarod Kintz, This Book is Not FOR SALE