noun. ['ˈfaʊndɪŋ'] the act of starting something for the first time; introducing something new.
- natural object
Rhymes with Founding
Sentences with founding
The articles of incorporation are the founding documents of a corporation.
2. Verb, gerund or present participle
She didn’t play golf until she was 52, about four years before founding her tournament.
Quotes about founding
1. We, the People, recognize that we have responsibilities as well as rights; that our destinies are bound together; that a freedom which only asks what's in it for me, a freedom without a commitment to others, a freedom without love or charity or duty or patriotism, is unworthy of our founding ideals, and those who died in their defense.
- Barack Obama
2. If our Founding Fathers wanted us to care about the rest of the world, they wouldn't have declared their independence from it.
- Stephen Colbert
3. And as Voltaire, one of our nation’s Founding Fathers, once said, “I do not agree with what you have to say, but at your death I’ll defend what you rightfully should have said.
- Jarod Kintz, American Association for the Advancement of Aardvarks Presents: Dear Natalie