noun. ['ˈfɔrtrəs'] a fortified defensive structure.
- defensive structure
- martello tower
- forteresce (Old French (842-ca. 1400))
Rhymes with Fortress
Sentences with fortress
1. Noun, singular or mass
Sacsayhuaman, a fortress and ceremonial center, is a steep 40-minute walk up from the Plaza de Armas.
Quotes about fortress
1. You can’t turn love on and off like a light switch, no matter how hard you try. All you can do is wall it off, one brick at a time, until you’ve created an impenetrable fortress around your emotions. And once that fortress is built, you camouflage it so well that even you can’t see it anymore.
- Katherine Allred, The Sweet Gum Tree
2. Push yourself to do more and to experience more. Harness your energy to start expanding your dreams. Yes, expand your dreams. Don't accept a life of mediocrity when you hold such infinite potential within the fortress of your mind. Dare to tap into your greatness.
- Robin S. Sharma, The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari: A Fable About Fulfilling Your Dreams & Reaching Your Destiny
3. The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; My God, my strength, in whom I will trust; My shield, and the horn of my salvation; my stronghold.
- Anonymous, Holy Bible: King James Version