adverb. ['ˈfɔrmɝli'] at a previous time; .
- at one time
- -ly (English)
- -lice (Old English (ca. 450-1100))
- former (English)
- former (Middle English (1100-1500))
Words that Rhyme with Formerly
How do you spell formerly? Is it fromerly ?
A common misspelling of formerly is fromerly
Example sentences of the word formerly
As such, the Constitution resolved issues that were formerly decided by each individual state.
Cancer patients who have undergone chemotherapy often find that their formerly straight hair grows back in curly.
Quotes containing the word formerly
1. Surrealism: An archaic term. Formerly an art movement. No longer distinguishable from everyday life.
- Brad Holland
2. Their [philosophers] thinking is, in fact, far less a discovery than a re-recognizing, a remembering, a return and a home-coming to a far-off, ancient common-household of the soul, out of which those ideas formerly grew: philosophizing is so far a kind of atavism of the highest order.
- Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil
3. Southern Cat on a Hot Tin Roof Sure nuff, I'm happier than a cat on a formerly hot tin roofwhich now usesNXT Cool Zone® heat reflecting roof coating ~but I'm still ornier than a mule on loco weedand a whole lot hornier than a two-dicked billy goat.You gots any coatin' for dat?
- Beryl Dov