Table of Contents
adjective. ['fɝˈlɔrn'] marked by or showing hopelessness.
- forlorn (Middle English (1100-1500))
Rhymes with Forlorn
How do you pronounce forlorn?
Pronounce forlorn as fərˈlɔrn.
US - How to pronounce forlorn in American English
UK - How to pronounce forlorn in British English
Sentences with forlorn
1. Verb, past participle
Instead look for a pup with a lower energy level, but without being forlorn or apathetic.
Quotes about forlorn
1. Pity the selfishness of lovers: it is brief, a forlorn hope; it is impossible.
- Elizabeth Bowen
2. Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
3. In imagination she sailed over storied seas that wash the distant shining shores of "faëry lands forlorn,"where lost Atlantis and Elysium lie, with the evening star for pilot, to the land of Heart's Desire. And she was richer in those dreams than in realities; for things seen pass away, but the things that are unseen are eternal.
- L.M. Montgomery, Anne of the Island