noun. ['ˈfɑːliːz'] a revue with elaborate costuming.
- Ziegfeld Follies
Words that Rhyme with Follies
Example sentences of the word follies
1. Noun, plural
Satire exists as a way to ridicule and critique the follies of humanity.
Quotes containing the word follies
1. Friendship is but another name for an alliance with the follies and the misfortunes of others. Our own share of miseries is sufficient: why enter then as volunteers into those of another?
- Thomas Jefferson
2. love is blindand lovers cannot see the pretty follies that themselves commit
- William Shakespeare, The Merchant of Venice
3. It's impossible to go through life unscathed. Nor should you want to. By the hurts we accumulate, we measure both our follies and our accomplishments.
- Christopher Paolini, Inheritance