Table of Contents
noun. ['ˈfloʊɪŋ'] the motion characteristic of fluids (liquids or gases).
- air flow
- flow of air
- change of location
- unearned run
- earned run
Rhymes with Flowing
Sentences with flowing
1. Verb, gerund or present participle
This will remove the gunk that was stopping the fuel from properly flowing.
Many women choose to wear flowing skirts and comfortable tops.
Quotes about flowing
1. I have always thought of poems as stepping stones in one's own sense of oneself. Every now and again, you write a poem that gives you self-respect and steadies your going a little bit farther out in the stream. At the same time, you have to conjure the next stepping stone because the stream, we hope, keeps flowing.
- Seamus Heaney
2. We lead our lives like water flowing down a hill, going more or less in one direction until we splash into something that forces us to find a new course.
- Arthur Golden, Memoirs of a Geisha
3. A flowing flurry of flowers fell to the floor when I fell in love, as if my heart were a garden that gushed forth and flooded her being with the fragrance of romance.
- Jarod Kintz, This Book is Not FOR SALE
adjective. ['ˈfloʊɪŋ'] designed or arranged to offer the least resistant to fluid flow.
- stand still