noun. ['ˈflʌdɪŋ'] a technique used in behavior therapy; client is flooded with experiences of a particular kind until becoming either averse to them or numbed to them.
- behavior therapy
- implosion therapy
Words that Rhyme with Flooding
Example sentences of the word flooding
1. Noun, singular or mass
You can sometimes prevent flooding or extensive damage to your residence when flooding is imminent.
2. Verb, gerund or present participle
Water damage can occur from flooding in your bathroom.
Quotes containing the word flooding
1. I love a sunburnt country,A land of sweeping plains,Of ragged mountain ranges,Of droughts and flooding rains.I love her far horizons,I love her jewel-sea,Her beauty and her terror –The wide brown land for me!
- Dorothea Mackellar, The Poems of Dorothea Mackellar
2. Well then,"Roen said briskly, "are you sleeping?""Yes.""Come now. A mother can tell when her son lies. Are you eating?""No,"Brigan said gravely. "I've not eaten in two months. It's a hunger strike to protest the spring flooding in the south.""Gracious,"Roen said, reaching for the fruit bowl. "Have an apple, dear.
- Kristin Cashore, Fire
3. With hurricanes, tornados, fires out of control, mud slides,flooding, severe thunderstorms tearing up the country from oneend to another, and with the threat of bird flu and terroristattacks, "Are we sure this is a good time to take God out ofthe Pledge of Allegiance?
- Jay Leno