adjective. ['ˈflʌdəd, ˈflʌdɪd'] covered with water.
Rhymes with Flooded
Sentences with flooded
A flooded walkway is more than an inconvenience: it's a malfunctioning walkway.
2. Verb, past tense
Coconut palm's only limitations are freezing temperatures, flooded soil and drought.
Quotes about flooded
1. Magnus raised his hands above his head and clapped once. The room flooded with light. "You see? You think that would be possible without magic? "Actually,"replied Simon, "It is. If you watched infomercials you'd know that.
- Cassandra Clare
2. A flowing flurry of flowers fell to the floor when I fell in love, as if my heart were a garden that gushed forth and flooded her being with the fragrance of romance.
- Jarod Kintz, This Book is Not FOR SALE
3. I’ve never been the one. Not for anybody.”He closed the distance between them. “You’ll get used to it.” He tipped her face up to his, kissed her.“Why? Why am I the one?”“Because my life opened up, and it flooded with color when you walked back into it.
- Nora Roberts, Vision in White